This is an issue that can occur in any situation where a site system role requires a certificate. I have seen it happen when creating a new Management Point or creating a new PXE service point. In the situations I have been in, I find this tends to be profile-related so check that you’re logged on with a ‘proper’ profile, ie not temp, etc.
Assuming this is the case, follow the steps below.
1. Go to C:\Users\<USER ACCOUNT>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\<GUID>
2. Delete GUID files within.
3. I restart SMSAgent Host (maybe required)
4. Try again. The GUID files will automatically be recreated and you should be able to proceed with the cert creation.