Software Updates: error 0xc80003f3 or error 0x8007000e in ScanAgent.log or WUAHandler.log

You may also see the following message in the ScanAgent.log:
Sources are current, but Invalid. TTL is also invalid.

1. You’ve tried reinstalling the client.

2. You’ve installed Windows6.1-KB3050265-x64
3. Maybe even
Errors just won’t disappear…well help is at hand.
These errors translate to the following:
0x8007000E -2147024882 E_OUTOFMEMORY
0x8007000E -2147024882 [DCOM belly up] CAgent::CreateJob failed Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.
0xC80003F3 -939523085 hrOutOfMemory The computer is out of memory
However, you look at the available memory and can clearly see there is plenty to be playing with.
Turns out you need to up the pagefile on the affected box – this shouldn’t even require a reboot and immediately the errors will disappear from the logs and lovely software updates will all appear in Software Center.
One slight oddity I did notice was that while the software updates appeared, they wouldn’t start downloading/installing. I waited quite while and they just seemed to sit there. I restarted the SMSAgent host and this cleared them but wouldn’t pick them up again despite manually instigating the Scan or Software Updates Deployment actions from the SMS agent applet. I needed to restart the box, and then run these actions again manually after that and all started to work as expected and start downloading/installing.